IRIS Sapphire will help you to prepare your GST returns. Currently, we have returns for GSTR-1, GSTR-2, GSTR-3B, ITC 04, GSTR 6, GSTR 7, GSTR 8, GSTR 2X and GSTR 9. We will incorporate the remaining returns as and when we receive APIs from GSTN.
In general, the filing process will have the following steps:
- Upload – Getting the invoice details into the IRIS GST application. This process can be manual or through SFTP/API
- Get Data from GSTN – The details available at GST portal can be fetched. These details could be either self-saved data (saved by filing entity) or data saved by counterparties
- Reconcile – Comparison of data uploaded by filing entity (step 1) and downloaded from GST portal (step 2), if applicable
- Create GSTR – At this stage, all the data available at IRIS GST will be processed in order to generate the output that needs to be sent to the GST portal. Aggregation and sorting of data into the sections of returns will be performed at this stage
- Save – The return format can be sent to the GST portal. Invoices can be saved any number of times till the filing due date and is open for modifications and corrections until the deadline. Invoices which are saved can also be deleted at this stage
- Submit – This action will freeze all the data saved to the GST portal. Submit needs to be done only once for every return in the filing period
- E-sign – Once the data is submitted, a summary will be obtained from the GST portal, which needs to be e-signed for filing purpose
- File – The e-signed data is now ready for filing. With this, the process of filing a particular return is complete
While this is the general return filing process, some returns might require you to perform additional steps, for example, setting off of liability or generating of challan for GSTR 3B. These specific processes/steps will be explained under their respective return section.