Values are required to be entered without ‘commas’ (,). Also, values are allowed only up to two decimal places.
3. A technical exception error stating ‘GSTN of Taxpayer and Document type invalid’ is prompted on uploading the .csv file, why so?
Prior to converting the excel file, kindly ensure to delete not only the instruction but also the blank rows left before the instruction part. The
4. Do we need to update UQC and Quantity for services also?
There has been a recent change in the HSN/SAC schema at GSTN which has made the UQC and Quantity field mandatory and hence you need to update these
Invoice number should be numeric or
The input format of IRIS is a static one. Blank rows are not accepted in this format. Kindly ensure that the format is not disturbed by deletion of data. In
7. Is serial number a compulsory field for line item data? Can multiple invoices from
Yes, this is a mandatory field. For data given on
The ‘Total Invoice value’ should be repeated for every individual line item. Taxable value represents the value of line item while the Total invoice value is the value of the Invoice as a whole including all the line item data within an invoice. Please refer sample data in
1. Unable to log-in using the portal invitation sent.
The invitation link sent by the IRIS GST remains active for 48 hours only. Users need to get themselves registered within this
2. Unable to see assigned multiple taxpayer entities for the login, please suggest corrective action.
Kindly click on your user login name on extreme top
3. Unable to see generate OTP in-spite of being assigned with ‘Signatory’ role.
OTP generation can be done by an ‘Admin’ only.
Uploaded data gets rendered in the ‘View’ section.
5. Excel file contains 87 entries, but the IRIS portal renders invoice data for 4 invoices only.
Excel contains the line item data and hence, the number of entries is 87. IRIS portal renders the data first on invoice level thereby clubbing the respective line-items within an invoice and on entering within an invoice, all the line item data within an invoice gets rendered. Hence,
6. Uploaded the data on IRIS portal but unable to view the same.
Kindly check for which GSTR section (GSTR-1 or GSTR-2) of IRIS portal is the data uploaded. Also, if
7. What if the .csv is uploaded all over again after reconciliation actions are taken?
If the data in the new
8. Can more than 50 invoices be viewed at a single point of time?
Yes. You can select the number of invoices to be viewed on a single page by selecting 50/100/500 at the
9. Can a single person have multiple roles in
A single user can have different roles in
10. Unable to generate the OTP. IRIS Portal giving an error, OTP not generated.
Kindly check whether your log session with GSTN is activated for API access. PFA a page link detailing how to manage your API access long session. Link: Enable API Access
11. When will the report section go live?
The report module is being developed on a large scale and will employ various matrices to include different permutation and
12. Can the name of the counter-party be fetched in the IRIS portal for GSTR-2A?
A Tax-payer API is something which can be used to make this feature available. But instead of incorporating the database for pan India tax-payers, we at IRIS will be working around to create a similar API. The details of such counter-parties will then be fetched from GSTN.
13. Can IRIS Portal flash up latest GSTN news and announcements?
Yes. We do have this on our road-map.
This section includes all process related queries regarding